Written by Hypatia
For Coven Life
03/ 08/ 2019
Continuing from the previous post of aligning with Universal Powers for effective magickal practices…….
In this post I will be discussing the first of the Sacred Seven that I have been mentioning in the previous posts, the Sun.
You might be surprised to know that the Sun is considered a star, in antiquity however it was considered a planet.
The Sun is by far the largest object in the solar system. It contains more than 99.8% of the total mass of the Solar System (Jupiter contains most of the rest).
Ahhhhhh the giver of life and the bringer of energy. It’s no wonder throughout time the Sun has been worshiped by everything, including all our planets, asteroids and everything and everyone here on earth.
Have you seen the way the sunflower turns to hail the sun, or the way plants and trees grow to the light, animals do it too? We as humans are unable to live without this beautiful ball of energy literally. Our entire world and celestial sphere is dependent on this energy.
The Sun is attributed to the element of Fire, the aspect of creation that propagated all of existence. It comes under many names, there is not one culture on earth during humanities existence that has not perceived its power and strength and therefore dedicated an appropriate God head to this Star.
A list of endless solar deities listed in Wikipedia alone, in the link provided below.
Solar Mineral– Gold
Crystals– Amber, citrine, tiger’s eye, yellow topaz
Plants & herbs– Sunflower, calendula, marigold, orange, citron, saffron, pine, rosemary, heliotrope, bay laurel, daisy, walnut, acorn, maize, wheat, hops, cloves, cinnamon- and the list goes on…….
Holidays– Winter and Summer Solstice
Zodiac– Leo, Sagittarius, Aries,
Magick– Prosperity, wealth, wealth, growth, confidence, clarity, commonality, abundance, truth, harmony, partnerships.
Having a love affair with the Sun is really quite magickal.
- The energy of the Sun that is received as rays of light, sends codes through our entire being to recharge and energise our soul.
- Face the Sun and allow its divine energy to illuminate your being through every cell in your body
- Soak in the light by bringing it into your body through your heart space. It is through the heart space that the Suns energy is soaked through to energise the rest of your chakra system. The sun through the heart space is the powerhouse for your chakras and therefore your entire cellular body.
- Envision the interior of your body glowing in a red light
- See your bones, veins, muscles, arteries, venules, your skull, your arms, legs, chest, your entire body and ALL of its organs filled with this energy
- Know that every aspect of your body, that also includes your spirit and your soul is aware of the Sun
- Sit and enjoy this for as long as you dare, continue to breathe rhythmically and enjoy. Do this every morning. Salutations to the Sun every morning is probably one of the most invigorating things you can ever do in your life.
- If there is no Sun, you simply need to imagine this beautiful ball of light, it’s as simple as that!!!
Use the above information including the meditation to make a Sun spell!
May your next Sunday morning be a magickal one.