Please read the Student/Coven Member Handbook for what you are expected to do as a novice in the Heart’s Spirit Coven and what you can expect from the High Priestess and Coven Elders along with other needed information. Thank you! The donation to take the Novice Course is $40.00 USD.
Novice Course Lesson Outline
1. Making Your Book of Shadows –
Make sure you write down the date you receive the reply for this lesson as that is the date your 1 year and 1 day of study as a novice is done. All lessons must be completed by this date unless given an extension from Rev. Lady Beltane.
2. Definition of Common Words and Phrases used in Witchcraft
3. Define Moon Phases
4. Corresponding Days of the Week
5. Elemental Placements, Gods and Goddesses
6. What is a Witch’s Familiar
7. What are Magical Tools? Please describe any that you have or might want to have someday. (NOTE: Not all the tools are needed for performing rituals and/or spells.)
8. Set up Basic Altar
9. Meditation Basics
10. Casting Your First Sacred Circle
11. A) Explain the questions you should ask yourself whenever you write a spell
B) Write a Self Protection spell
12. Write a Ritual to perform with Your Spell
13. Explain what an Esbat is and how many there can be
14. Write an Esbat Ritual 1 for a New Moon and 1 for a Full Moon
15. Explain what a Sabbat is Including Dates They Are On and How they are Placed of the Wheel of The Year – For the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
16. Write a Sabbat Ritual for the next Sabbat on the Wheel of the Year for whichever hemisphere you live in (Please put which hemisphere you live in next to the lesson number in the emails subject line)
17. Write a Ritual for Your Personal Dedication to The Craft. DO you want to do your dedication privately, or with just the Elders or the whole coven?
18. 14 Question You Should Now Be Able To Answer
19. Write a Review about Being a Novice Within Heart’s Spirit Coven Coven
All lessons will be reviewed and you will receive a reply as soon as possible from one of the Elders.
If you have any questions about any lessons please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org