This article was written in 2015 by Unknow on the moonslipper.com.
Since time began, we have been using the Moon to live our lives by
– to tune into the Earth’s natural rhythms
– to use the magic of the moon phases for living, growing crops, magic rituals, health and so much more.
Magic of the Moon Basics
The Moon completes a full orbit around the Earth every 29.5 days.
During the New Moon phase the position of the moon means no light is reflected off the Sun, so it is not visible at all.
The Full Moon appears 14 to 15 days after the New Moon and appears as a glorious glowing white circle in the night sky.
This phase reflects the maximum amount of light from the Sun.
The Phases of the Moon
The phases of the Moon are:
- New Moon
- Waxing Moon (when the Moon gets bigger in the sky, a narrow crescent growing from right to left)
- Waning Moon (when the Full Moon is decreasing in size, moving back towards the New Moon, gradually changing to a decreasing crescent from right to left)
- Gibbous Moon is the period between the first quarter and Full Moon and between the Full Moon and last quarter.
For the rest of this informative article which includes some spells you can do on a full Moon please click on this link: http://moonslipper.com/magicofthemoon/