Samhain is a time to remember our ancestors, but it is also a time to celebrate. So this week I wanted to pass on a few nontraditional ideas. Have fun with family and friends but Most Importantly; Be Smart!
HOW TO CREATE A FOG EFFECT
Read more: How to Create a Fog Effect for Your Halloween Punch – Drink of the Week http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/how-to-create-a-fog-effect-for-your-halloween-punch/#ixzz3oxxJP1HZ Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Follow us: @dotw on Twitter | drinkoftheweek on Facebook
How to Create a Fog Effect for Your Halloween Punch. Jonas Halpren Dry ice turns an ordinary party punch into a spooky Halloween brew!
Start with 2 punch bowls of different sizes. The smaller bowl will hold the actual punch while the larger bowl will hold the smaller bowl and the dry ice. With tongs or gloved hands (dry ice can freeze your skin), place chunks of dry ice in the bigger container. Place the smaller bowl on top of the dry ice. There is no need to add extra ice to the punch as the dry ice will cool the punch nicely.
Just before serving, pour some hot water over the dry ice. Continue to add hot water and dry ice as needed.
Be very careful when using dry ice! Handle only with tongs or heavy gloves! Do NOT put the dry ice directly in the punch or touch it with bare skin. It will burn! Dry ice should also NOT be ingested. Update: Where can you find dry ice? Dry ice can be found at liquor, grocery and some specialty party stores. Check out dryicediretory.com to find dry ice near you. Check out our collection of Halloween punch recipes! Read more at: https://tr.im/1mPMh
Ghostly PEEPS® Brownies
&amp;lt;img src=”/-/media/Images/Shared/NativeAds/BrandingHeaders/PCH_mobile.jpg” alt=”Party Crusher Halloween” /&amp;gt;
- Prep Time10 min
- Total Time2 hr 40 min
- Servings 16
1box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
2/3 cup white vanilla baking chips, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle baking chips evenly over batter.
- 3 Bake as directed on box for 8-inch square pan. Cool about 1 hour 30 minutes before frosting.
- 4 Spread with frosting. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Place marshmallow on each brownie.
SPOOKY EYEBALLS MARTINI
We fashioned Spooky Eyeballs out of radishes, olives and grapes and added them to a traditional martini for a creepy cocktail for your next grown-up Halloween party.
1 large pimiento-stuffed green olive, cut in half crosswise
2 small ready-to-eat baby-cut carrot
1/2 oz (1 tablespoon) dry vermouth
- 1 To make each radish eyeball, peel radish, leaving streaks of red skin for “blood vessel” effect. Cut off one tip of radish about 1/4-inch deep. Using small melon baller or paring knife, scoop out small hole from sliced tip side; place olive half in center. Place in martini glass.
- 2 To make each grape eyeball, carefully peel back skin of grape from one edge. Using small melon baller or paring knife, cut small hole in center of exposed flesh. Place small cranberry or blueberry in hole. Skewer grapes onto toothpick; place in martini glass.
- 3 To make each olive eyeball, place baby carrot in pitted hole of olive. Cut off carrot flush with end of olive. Skewer olives onto toothpick; place in martini glass.
- 4 To make cocktail, place several ice cubes in cocktail shaker or mixing glass. Add gin and vermouth. Cover; shake (or stir) 30 seconds. Strain into martini glass and serve.
DRAGON’S BLOOD PUNCH
1- 46 oz can Red Punch, 1- 46 oz can Apple Juice, 1- 46 oz bottle Cranberry Juice, 1- 2 liter bottle Ginger Ale, Ice Cubes
Berry Vodka optional),
Orange Liqueur (optional)
Combine all ingredients in large punch bowl or cauldron. Add ice and stir.
For grownups version: Add 4 cups Berry Vodka and 1/2 cup of Orange Liqueur.
Please remember Brothers and Sisters to be smart and have a designator driver or at least stay where you’re at for the night, if you are going to drink alcohol. You all mean too much to me, to have something awful happen to you or to someone else.
Best Blessings To You All,